Show Saturday, September 28
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- Judging will be held on Saturday September 28, 2019 beginning at 9:30 AM.
- The seven dollar ($7.00) IAS membership fee entitles the bearer to one admission ticket and the right to enter exhibits.
NO ENTRY FEE or IAS MEMBERSHIP is required for Junior members (18 years of age and under) entering Junior Sections.
However, if a Junior is entering an Adult/Open Section, then a membership is required and those entries MUST be on Adult/
Open Entry Form.
- Entries must be post marked by Wednesday September 18, 2019. Send entries to: Michael Becker, 71615 Bronson Line, RR 1,
Dashwood ON N0M 1N0 or email entries to email@example.com. Make entries payable to Ilderton Agricultural Society.
- A $9.00 fee will be charged for all Exhibitors that have not shown in 2018.
- All entry fees must accompany entry forms.
- Cages will be supplied for Large Fowl, Bantam, and Bantam Duck classes. Exhibitors showing Large Ducks, Geese, and
Turkeys must supply their own cages. Classes may have to be doubled up.
- In filling out the entry form, please use A for old male, B for old female, C for young male and D for young female along with
class number and please print clearly. In all sections where AC, AOC, AV or AOV is specified, please name the variety, or
breed and variety in AOV classes.
- Any section where seven or more birds are entered for competition, the Secretary has the right to make an additional class.
- Exhibitors may show as many entries in any class as they wish.
- Entries will be accepted up to the capacity of the showroom. Priority will be given to members of the Great Lakes Poultry Association.
- This will be a sanctioned American Poultry Association and American Bantam Association meet. To be eligible for APA and
ABA awards, individuals must be paid members of the APA and ABA at the time of judging. All APA and ABA rules will apply.
- The new revised Standard of Perfection shall be the guide of the judge.
- In sections of classes where there are not two or more exhibits, the Judge shall be empowered to award a second, a third or no
prize, where he considers the exhibit does not merit a first prize.
- Any bird(s) showing signs of sickness will be removed from the showroom immediately. This will be strictly enforced.
- Anyone wishing to enter the Youth Showmanship Competition must enter birds in the open Junior classes.
- All individuals entering the Junior classes must be prepared to show proper proof of age if requested.
- All reasonable precautions will be taken to protect property, however, the Great Lakes Poultry Association and the Ilderton
Agricultural Society will not be held responsible for any losses.
- Those in the Middlesex 4-H Poultry are welcome to enter the show and participate in the 4-H program at the fair.
COMMITTEE: (Chair) Valerie Johnson, Great Lakes Poultry Association, Barbara Dodington 519-773-9693, Michael Becker 519-237-3416 71615 Bronson Line, RR 1, Dashwood ON N0M 1N0
JUDGE: Phil Bartz, Murrayville, IL
Great Lakes Poultry Show – Open Show
Prize Money 1st – $5.00 2nd – $4.00 3rd – $3.00
• American Poultry Association Club Meet
• American Bantam Association Club Meet
• Plymouth Rock Fanciers Club Special
• Wyandotte Breeders of America Special
• American Brahma Club Special
• Ameraucana Breeders Club Special
• Marans Chicken Club USA Special
• American Silkie Bantam Club Special
• Cochins International Special
NEW – APA-ABA Youth Showmanship Competition
Show Saturday, September 28 at 1:00 p.m.
Prize Money 1st, 2nd, 3rd – Rosettes by IAS
This year, we will be hosting APA-ABA Youth Showmanship. Please have entry forms in to the show secretary by Wednesday, September 18th. The exhibitor will show handling skills and knowledge in all areas of raising a small poultry flock according to his/her age level and their knowledge of the standard for their showmanship bird. A guideline of “suggested” knowledge for showmanship for each age group is available on the Youth Club website, www.youthexhibitionpoultry.org. This is an event where the junior exhibitor demonstrates their bird handling and knowledge to the poultry judge. Anyone wishing to participate in this competition must already have entered birds in the Junior classes (Classes 700 to 717) and have paid the applicable entry fees.
AGE GROUPS: The following three classes in showmanship will be recognized by the APA-ABA Youth Poultry Club.
- Junior (approximate ages 8 – 10) 2. Intermediate (approximate ages 11 – 13) 3. Senior (approximate ages 14 and up)
DRESS CODE: All exhibitors should be required to dress neatly for the showmanship class.
This class is a very public event and the exhibitors should be aware of this fact and show their best.
American100. Plymouth Rock, Barred
101. Plymouth Rock, White
102. Plymouth Rock, Buff
103. Plymouth Rock, Columbian
104. Plymouth Rock, AOC
105. Wyandotte, White
106. Wyandotte, Silver Laced
107. Wyandotte, Partridge
108. Wyandotte, AOC
109. Rhode Island Red
110. Jersey Giant, AC
111. New Hampshire
112. Chantecler, AC
113. AOV American (named)
Asiatic114. Brahma, AC
115. Cochin, AC
116. Langshan, AC
118. Orpington, Buff
119. Orpington, AOC
120. Sussex, AC
121. Dorking, AC
122. AOV English (named)
Mediterranean123. Leghorn, White
124. Leghorn, Brown
125. Leghorn, AOC
126. Minorca, AC
128. AOV Mediterranean (named)
Continental129. Hamburg, AC
130. Marans, AC
131. Polish, AC
132. AOV Continental (named)
Any Other Standard Breed133. Ameraucana, Black
134. Ameraucana, AOC
135. AOV AOSB (named)
136. Guinea Fowl, AC
137. Utility Bred to Lay
138. Utility Bred for Meat
Games200. OE, Black
201. OE, Black Red
202. OE, Brown Red
203. OE, Silver Duckwing
204. OE, Wheaten
205. OE, AOC
206. Modern, Birchen
207. Modern, AOC
SCCL208. Plymouth Rock, Barred
209. Plymouth Rock, White
210. Plymouth Rock, Buff
211. Plymouth Rock, Silver Pencilled
212. Plymouth Rock, AOC
213. Japanese, White
214. Japanese, Black
215. Japanese, Black Tailed Buff
216. Japanese, Black Tailed White
217. Japanese, AOC
218. Leghorn, SC White
219. Leghorn, SC Brown
220. Leghorn, SC AOC
221. Rhode Island Red
222. Dutch, Light Brown
223. Dutch, AOC Solid
224. Dutch, AOC Parti
225. Serama, White
226. Serama, Black
227. Serama, AOC
228. AOV SCCL (named)
RCCL229. Wyandotte, White
230. Wyandotte, Black
231. Wyandotte, Partridge
232. Wyandotte, Silver Laced
233. Wyandotte, AOC
234. Hamburg, AC
235. Leghorn, RC White
236. Leghorn, RC AOC
237. Rosecomb, AC
238. Sebright, Silver
239. Sebright, Golden
240. AOV RCCL (named)
AOCCL241. Cornish, AC
242. Chantecler, AC
243. Polish, AC
244. AOV AOCCL (named)
Feather Leg245. Cochin, Black
246. Cochin, White
247. Cochin, Buff
248. Cochin, AOC
249. Brahma, Buff
250. Brahma, Dark
251. Brahma, Light
252. Silkie, Splash
253. Silkie, Black
254. Silkie, White
255. Silkie, Blue
256. Silkie, AOC
257. Belgian D’Uccle, AC
258. Booted, AV
259. AOV Feather Leg (named)
301. Toulouse, AC
303. China, AC
304. Pomeranian, AC
305. AOV (named)
402. Muscovy, AC
405. Indian Runner, AC
406. Black East Indie
407. Call, Gray
408. Call, White
409. Call, Snowy
410. Call, AOC
411. AOV (named)
501. AOV (named)
SpecialsGrand Champion Large Fowl – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Large Fowl – Rosette
Grand Champion Bantam – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Bantam – Rosette
Grand Champion Goose – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Goose – Rosette
Grand Champion Duck – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Duck – Rosette
Grand Champion Turkey – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Turkey – Rosette
Grand Champion Guinea Fowl – Rosette
Reserve Grand Champion Guinea Fowl – Rosette
Grand Champion Bird of Show: Trophy
Reserve Grand Champion Bird of Show: Trophy
Other specials to be announced day of Show.
Open to Exhibitors 18 Years of age and Under. $2.00 entry fee for all entries. All open class rules apply.700. Large Fowl, Solid Colour AV
701. Large Fowl, Parti Colour AV
702. Bantam, Game AV
703. Bantam, Single Comb Clean Leg AV
704. Bantam, Wyandotte, AC
705. Bantam, Rose Comb Clean Leg AV
706. Bantam, Any Other Comb Clean Leg AV
707. Bantam, Brahma, AC
708. Bantam, Feather Leg AV
709. Duck, Call White
710. Duck, Call AOC
711. Duck, AOV
712. Geese, AV
713. Turkey, AC
Junior SpecialsChampion Large Fowl – Ribbon
Reserve Champion Large Fowl – Ribbon
Champion Bantam – Ribbon
Reserve Champion Bantam – Ribbon
Champion Waterfowl – Ribbon
Reserve Champion Waterfowl – Ribbon
Champion Turkey – Ribbon
Reserve Champion Turkey – Ribbon
Champion Junior of Show – Trophy
Reserve Champion Junior of Show – Trophy
Serama Chicken Table Top Show
Show Saturday, September 28 at 11:00 a.m.
This year the Great Lakes Poultry Association in conjuction with the Great Lakes Serama Association is proud to present the first annual Serama Table Top competition. This show will be sanctioned by the American Serama Association. The Serama chicken was imported to North America in the early 1990’s and has grown in popularity since. The American Serama in the white variety has been recognized and admitted into the Standard of Perfection by the APA/ABA. This unique miniature chicken is known for being of a calm demeanor and comes in a unique array of colours and feather types. They are judged on type and feather, condition, wing set and tail, and most of all, character and type. This table top competition will include competitors from across the province and several nearby US states. This event will be held with the open poultry show on Saturday September 28, 2019. This event is open to all who own Seramas and/or want to get involved in a great hobby. Entries for the Serama table top competition must be entered in the open poultry show.
For more information on Seramas, please visit; www.americanseramaassociation.org. To join the American Serama
Association, contact: Laureen Stanford Goodells, MI Phone: 810-384-8520 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org