Special Feature – 41st Annual Market Livestock Show & Sale
Friday, September 27, 2019 LOCATION: AgriPlex SHOW: 6:00 p.m. SALE: 8:00 p.m.
COMMITTEE: (Chair) Brad Henderson 519-878-3744, Chelsey Passmore, Mark & Kerri Phillips, Steve Bloomfield, Dave Filson, Todd Charlton, Brian Urbshott, Bob Manning, Dave McNaughton, Glenn Phillips, Mark Robson, Clayton White, Dan Skinner, Zach Hale, John-Guy Urbshott, Steve Flanigan, Ray Filson, Alex McNaughton, Ben McNaughton.
Your $7.00 Membership entitles you, as an exhibitor, to make entries at the 2019 Fair. Once your membership fee has been paid, you can pick-up your exhibitor number at the fair office. All exhibitors must show their Membership Card to a Committee member when dropping off and picking up entries. Membership and entry forms are available on page 58.
General Rules and Regulations
- All rules of the Ilderton Agricultural Society apply.
- Exhibitors must purchase a 2019 Ilderton Agricultural Society Membership.
- Open to all market (finished) steers and heifers and Middlesex County and Ilderton 4-H Beef Club Projects.
- Entries will only be accepted by email to email@example.com.
Entries must include the following information:
a) Exhibitor Name (this is the name the cheque will be written to)
b) Full Mailing Address
c) Phone number
d) State whether the entry is a steer or heifer
e) State if the entry is your Ilderton 4-H calf (this is so we know which animals
need to remain until Saturday)
f) Tag # and tag colour (it is the exhibitors responsibility to have a
large dangle tag with number in the calf’s ear)
- Entries will open on August 1st, 2019 and the show will be filled as entries are received.
After the first 30, there will be a waiting list.
- Animals are to be brought to Denfield Livestock Exchange on Friday, between 1:00 p.m. and 2:30 p.m.
to be weighed. There will be a 3% pencil shrinkage.
- All animals must be sold. A commission of 5% will be charged by the Ilderton Agricultural Society.
Entries that are over 1350 lbs. will be sold at 1350 lbs. In the case of Ilderton 4-H animals,
the animals will be sold, but will not become the property of buyer until Saturday at 5 p.m.
- All animals must have a CCIA tag.
- All animals are subject to a culling committee (ie. Stag, under finish, horns over 1 1/2 inches).
- All animals must be halter broken; any unruly animals will be left at Denfield Livestock Exchange.
- All animals must be 30 months of age or younger.
- There will be a designated clipping chute area.
- Animals must have a good halter when shipped to the buyer or a $15.00 charge will be withheld from your cheque.
This decision will be at the committee’s discretion.
- Exhibitors of the Grand Champion and Reserve Champion animals are responsible for the care of their animals until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
- Judge and committee decision is final. The committee has the right to amend rules for the betterment of the show.
Grand Champion Market Animal – Trophy & Award donated by New Life Mills Ltd.
Reserve Champion Market Animal – Award donated by Watson Family
Prize Money – Classes $25.00; $20.00; $15.00; $10.00; $5.00
Terms and Conditions for Buyers
- Cattle must be paid for within 48 hours of sale.
- Free trucking to Denfield Livestock Exchange, or an abattoir within 20 mile radius of Ilderton.
- Auctioneer’s decision will be final.
- All cattle become property and responsibility of the buyer at time of sale.
Exception: 4-H calves become the property of the buyer at 5:00 p.m. on Saturday. The champion and reserve champion
calves become the property of the buyer at 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
For further information contact Brad Henderson 519-878-3744 or firstname.lastname@example.org.