Entries will be received in the arena on Thursday from 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and on Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
No entries will be accepted after 12:00 p.m. on Friday. Judging will commence promptly at 12:30 p.m. on Friday.
Exhibitors must show their 2019 4-H membership card when dropping off and picking up exhibits. Entries MUST remain in the
arena until 4:30 p.m. on Sunday and MUST be picked up by 5:00 p.m. on Sunday. Ilderton Agricultural Society’s Directors (IAS)
and Volunteers are NOT responsible for exhibits left after 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
Exhibitors are entitled to ONE entry per listed section. At the Chairperson’s discretion, sections with a large number of entries
may be divided. Articles in each section must be grown/completed by exhibitor since the 2018 Ilderton Fair.
Judges and committees have full power to place articles in their proper classes.
NOTE: Please cover name on any signed entries.
All ADULT and JUNIOR HOMECRAFT and 4-H LIFESKILLS class winners MUST pick up their prize winnings at the Fair Office in the arena between 1:00 p.m. on Saturday and 5:00 p.m. on Sunday.
RULES & REGULATIONS:
- Exhibitors are to be 4-H members in Middlesex County, who have completed at least one Lifeskills project between Ilderton
Fair 2018 and Ilderton Fair 2019 thus permitting entry to all sections.
- No exhibitor fee is required.
- Class 28 – Cloverbuds must be 6-8 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Class 29 – Juniors must be 9-14 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- Class 30 – Seniors must be 15-21 years of age as of January 1, 2019.
- One 4-H Lifeskills project manual, completed since Ilderton Fair 2018, must be entered by each exhibitor as
proof of 4-H Lifeskills activity, and to be eligible for Special Classes. In the event of a tie for Top Junior/Senior,
the project manual will be used to determine the winner.
- All food entries are to be displayed on a plate and enclosed in a clear, plastic, resealable bag. This is to facilitate the judging
and display of the food. Sewn articles should be clean, pressed, and in good repair.
- Complete a separate 4-H entry form to register for the 4-H Lifeskills classes. Use cream entry tags.
- The Judge’s decisions are final.
COMMITTEE: (Chairs) Catherine VanderPloeg & Emily Tschirhart 519-488-6321, Laurie VanderPloeg, Phyllis O’Neil, Bonnie Keeler, Helen Kennedy Miatello, Harolyn Sire, Andrea Crump.
4-H Educational Displays
Space will be provided in the Arena for 10 educational 4-H displays. Space will be allotted on a first come, first served basis. ANY 2019 4-H Club in Middlesex County may enter a display, the width of which should not exceed 3 feet. An honorarium will be given to each creditable exhibit. To reserve your display space, contact:
Phyllis O’Neil at 519-227-4508, no later than Monday, September 23, 2019.
SPECIAL NOTE: No vaccines, medicines or pesticides will be permitted in the displays. Please ensure that the proper Canadian 4-H logo is used. Displays must be in place by 12:00 noon on Friday, September 27, 2019 and picked up between 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, September 29, 2019.